The Next Generation of care coordination
A continuum of care tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual. Care coordination includes a wide range of care activities designed to support the member. It focuses on collaboration with the member and brings healthcare services and community-based resources together. Care coordination includes short-term assistance to meet gaps in care and/or longer-term support for members with more complex needs.
Care coordination focuses on:
- Identifying and addressing physical, behavioral, and psychosocial needs.
- Supporting member goals and choices through a person-centered, trauma-informed, and culturally attuned approach.
- Providing continuity of care while honoring member experience and choice.
- Leveraging the strengths of care coordination entities (CCEs), the OhioRISE plan, and care management entities (CMEs) by supporting partnerships.
- Establishing clear communication and delineation of roles and responsibilities.
- Implementing data and information systems to coordinate care.
Next Generation frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Ohio Medicaid managed care plan member FAQ
Video playlist for members
Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) created a video playlist that provides in-depth information about how the Next Generation of care coordination improves care for our members.
Resources for managed care organizations (MCO) and partners
MCO contact forms
- Aetna Better Health of Ohio
- AmeriHealth Caritas Ohio, Inc.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Buckeye Community Health Plan
- CareSource Ohio, Inc.
- Humana Health Horizons in Ohio
- Molina Healthcare of Ohio, Inc.
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio, Inc.
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS)
- MyCare Ohio
- Ohio Home Care Waiver (OHCW)
- PASSPORT Medicaid Home Care Waiver
- Specialized Recovery Services (SRS) program
Video playlist for managed care entities (MCE) and partners
ODM created a video playlist that provides in-depth information about the Next Generation of care coordination as well as other content that our partners and MCEs will find helpful.